Friday 19 May 2017

Music Video Survey Results and Comments





This shows us that the survey reached mostly the age group that will also be my target audience, therefore the results will help me more with how I will change and develop my music video.



My music video will not be targeted at any specific gender and will not include anything such as the male gaze theory or content that could only target one gender These results will not waver the development of my music video but have helped me distinguish the differences in feedback from men/women.

  
The two most popular choices for this question were Indie music and Chart Music (mainstream), bothreaching 60%. Second were Hip-Hop, R'n'B and Pop at 40% andClassical, Rap and Reggae drew at 20%. I am happy with these results as it confirms that there is a large variety of music preference between the people who took my survey making the results less biased. Also, the results worked in my favour as I was hoping to use either an Indie, R'n'B/Hip-hop track to do my music video to.



This data shows that my survey has reached the right people and will be helpful results.



This result shows that moslty people prefer an abstract style music video (conceptual/experimental) with no clear storyline. I have been planning to show a very basic narrative to my music video just showing progression of the characters through the woods but these results have made me reconsider.

No comments:

Post a Comment